Dharma Dog Grooming
Making Vancouver beautiful attractive fabulous one dog at a time.
Rockstar treatment for your dog! We groom with gentle, loving care... Taking your dog from scruff to fluff!
Dharma Dog Grooming
Just like us humans, dogs feel good when they look good. A well-groomed pooch is happier, healthier, better behaved, and more outgoing.
At Dharma Dog Grooming, we bring out the best in your pup's appearance and personality. Our certified, professional pet stylists take the time to customize each groom to your dog's unique needs.
Did you know that dogs that live indoors shed quicker and more often than their wild counterparts? If not groomed regularly, hair becomes matted and forms heavy wads, causing discomfort and skin irritations.
Regular grooming keeps your dog's coat clean and manageable. Specially formulated shampoos and conditioners help keep grease levels down. This reduces the chance of blocked pores which can cause sebaceous cysts. Grooming helps aerate a dog's coat and ensures healthy hair growth.
Dharma Dog offers full grooming services for all breeds, coat types and condition. À la carte grooming options include nail trims, paw-pad treatments, teeth brushing and scraping, and anal gland expressions. For our regular clients, we offer a discounted full brush out and nail trims to prevent matting and maintain coat between grooms.
Home Grooming Tips
In addition to regular visits to Dharma Dog Grooming, we recommend you perform some basic home grooming to keep your pooch looking and feeling great.
1. Make grooming a part of your daily routine. Choose a time when your dog is relaxed and settled. Use praise and a few treats to turn a stressful situation into a special occasion.
2. Since different coat types need different types of brushes, be sure you have the right one for your dog. Feel free to ask us for brush-buying advice.
3. Before you begin, check your dog for any lumps and bumps, cuts, skin problems, fleas and ticks. Check to see if he needs his nails clipped.
4. Brush by beginning on his neck, then move down his body, under his belly, and onto his tail. Be careful around his ears and sensitive underbelly. The key to grooming is being gentle and relaxed.
Dharma Dog GROOMING SELFIES
Who doesn't love selfies?
We can't help snapping pictures of our Dharma Dog Grooming clients. They're all so adorable!
Wanna see the magic our expert groomers do everyday? Check out these "before and after" shots and just imagine the transformation we'll deliver for your pup!
Ready for your doggie makeover? Contact us to book a grooming appointment.
Natural treatments so your dog looks his natural best
Harsh shampoos and grooming products can be irritating to your dog. They can also cause an unpleasant sensation, making him resist grooming.
At Dharma Dog Grooming, we use all natural, hypoallergenic products that won't cause harm to your pet. Good for dogs and for the environment, our 100% biodegradable shampoos and conditioners are free from parabens, sulphates, mineral and castor oils. They contain no harmful chemicals, dyes, artificial colours, or synthetic fragrances. We're proud to only use organic dog shampoo, locally made in Vancouver!
We've chosen grooming products that are specially formulated to gently deliver the cleaning action your dog needs without drying the coat or destroying the skin's pH balance. Since a dog's skin and coat vary greatly from breed-to-breed, our treatments are tailored to your pup's specific skin care and grooming needs.
A Cut above other dog groomers
Our stress-free grooming approach begins from the moment you enter the door. Gentle, relaxing music helps put your dog at ease. Calming aromatherapy scents fill the air.
We only take a limited number of appointments each day so there's never a rush. Our groomers work carefully, and always take their time to do it right.
Unlike other grooming places, most of our work is done by hand scissoring. Sure, it takes more time than using an electric trimmer, but we're all about detail at Dharma Dog. In our one-on-one setting, we create balanced looks and enhance the coat of all dog breeds and sizes. No assembly-line, corporate cookie cutter grooming here!
If you're looking for a style that brings out the inherent cuteness of your dog, look no further! We can customize a creative cut that emphasizes the eyes and the shape of the body and legs, we can discuss options to maximize your pup's cuteness. We promise, you'll be amazed at the results!
DHARMA DOG GROOMING RATES
dHARMA grooming "The Works"
- Small dog: $54.99 and up
Medium dog: $64.99 and up
Large dogs or difficult grooms: $79.99 and up
- Therapeutic warm water bath with all natural shampoo
- Hand fluff dry and brush out of coat
- Precision haircut and style with hand scissor finish
- Nail trim
dHARMA "mini groom"$39.99
- Warm water bath with all natural shampoo
- Blow dry and brush out of coat
- Nail trim
- Additional à la carte service available
à LA CARTE SERVICES
- Maintenance full brush out and nail trim:
$29.99 (for recurring clients only)
- Pad hair and nail trim: $15.95
- Basic nail trim: $10.95
- Conditioning Treatment: From $10.95
- Anal gland cleaning: $15.95
- Basic teeth cleaning: $10.95
- Ear cleaning: $10.95
After 7 grooms at Dharma Dog Services, your 8th groom is half price!
Please note: due to the added work required, extra charges may apply to dogs that haven't been groomed regularly