Dharma Dog Training
A well-trained dog is a happy healthy loving dog.
Sit. Stay. Love. Unleash your best friend with pawsitive reinforcement training. The difference will have you saying "bow-wow-WOW!"
Dharma Dog TRAINING
Your dog is a valued member of your family, enhancing your life in many ways. But when obedience or behavioural issues get in the way of fully enjoying your time together, professional training is needed.
Just like humans, dogs don't come into this world with an innate knowledge of how to best behave in all situations. Dogs don't automatically know the rules of your home or how to engage with other humans in public. Proper training is a crucial part of ensuring your dog has a happy, enjoyable life with you.
With in-home Dharma Dog Training, a focused and customized one-on-one training plan is developed to fit your specific dog and family needs. Your home is a great place to work on training or behaviour modification for your dog. After all, it's where you spend the most time together!
Working together in a familiar and comfortable home environment is the most stress-free and quickest way to see positive results. Dharma Dog carefully evaluates your dog's environment, interaction with those in your home, history and past issues. We then work with you to develop a systematic training plan, based on your dog's temperament and not his breed.
DHARMA DOG TRAINING
CAN HELP YOU WITH THESE ISSUES
If your dog has any of these behaviour issues, we can help you build a strong, trusting bond that will last a lifetime!
- Out-of-control barking
- Nipping, biting and growling
- Pulling on leash during walks
- Chasing animals or children
- Ignoring basic commands like "sit"
- Refusing to "come" when called
- Destructive habits like chewing or digging
- Jumping on strangers or house guests
- Being afraid of new people or strange objects
- Constantly begging for food at the table
- Peeing and pooping in the house
...plus a lot more!
Meet Dharma Dog Founder: Nik Fabisiak
Dharma Dog's Nik Fabisiak has worked with thousands of dogs in his career. As a respected trainer and certified dog behaviour specialist, he helps owners understand and learn natural, canine communication.
Using positive reinforcement combined with good-natured fun, Nik and his training staff work with you how to train your dog to respect you and your decisions. Working together to build a solid foundation of implicit trust, you will see quick results as your dog looks to you for direction.
Nik's energetic, upbeat approach provides motivation and instills confidence. You'll learn how to communicate clearly with your dog in a positive manner. Instead of getting frustrated or angry, you'll gain an understanding of how your dog views things going on around him.
As Nik says, "My goal is simple: help humans learn to communicate clearly with their dog. Not the other way around. That's why my approach with dogs is to speak and listen in dog."
the Dharma Dog TRAINING Difference—
PROVEN TECHNIQUES AND POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT
No two dogs or situations are exactly alike. That's why we take the time to tailor an approach that works for you and delivers the desired results in your dog.
Using proven, well-tested training techniques, Dharma Dog's in-home programs offer great flexibility, allowing you to focus on your specific dog issues. We consider both your dog's temperament and his owners' personalities, then customize a training package so you can succeed. We don't believe in training one-size-fits-all dog training!
Our training programs are highly effective in these specific areas:
- New Puppy Training—Have a new Puppy? Get off to the right start! Learn proper techniques for potty training, socialization, nipping and chewing, crate training, day-to-day time management and introductory obedience
- Skills Building & Good Manners—Teach your dog basic commands such as COME, SIT, HEEL, DOWN, SIT-STAY, DOWN-STAY and more. Control leash pulling, jumping and nuisance barking
- Reactive or Over-Active Dogs—Does your dog lunge and bark at other dogs, especially when on-leash? Does he growl at people you pass or home visitors? Does your dog demand too much attention? If dog walking or home life has become a source of embarrassment and frustration, customized training can help.
- Dog Behaviour Modification—Problems such as aggression, biting, food and toy guarding, fear and timidity, or separation anxiety can all be replaced with good behaviour with effective and humane dog training. Destructive behaviours, chewing, digging and running away can all be a thing of the past!
The dharma dog training process
Dharma Dog one-on-one training is delivered in your home during 4 individual 1-hour, uninterrupted sessions. Unlimited email and phone support ius included.
During the Dharma Dog Training process, we will:
- Consult with you about existing issues and get a context for understanding your dog's behaviour problems.
- Observe your dog's activity and interaction with family memberss
- Thoroughly evaluate your dog's temperament
- Explain how dogs communicate with each other and with us. This is fundamentally important! You'll learn how to read and understand what your dog is thinking and saying, and how to communicate with them in a language he understands. (The number one reason why dogs don't respond properly is because they usually don't have any clue of what we want!)
- Customize a training program for you to work on with your dog.
- Give you written, personalized exercises to help you reinforce and maintain your dog's newly learned behaviours
- Teach you how to practice what you've learned with your dog. This is the most critical, essential part of the process! Without practice, your dog will never develop new habits and skills. Dogs need repetition!
- Provide you with free handouts and instructions on various topics including basic commands, helpful hints, diet and nutrition tips, and more.
- Make ourselves available by email for unlimited support
- Schedule a follow-up, face-to-face meeting to evaluate you and your dog's progress and provide an additional training instruction as needed
Additionally, we will extend the same level of service for multiple dogs in the same household at no additional cost. We're available weekends, weekdays or evenings to fit your schedule.
DHARMA DOG Training Rates
dHARMA-for-life training package$450
- Special Offer! $450 (includes tax)
Package includes 4 sessions of 1-hour each one-on-one training (total 4 hours)
Unlimited email and phone support
10% off of grooming for the life of your dog!